(UNIVERSITY OF DELHI)
ELECTION TO THE BHARATI COLLEGE STUDENTS UNION 2015-16
Nominations are invited for the following posts:
SCHEDULELast date for filing nominations Monday, 31-8-2015 till 02:00 p.m.Notification of eligible candidates Monday, 31-8-2015 till 04:00 p.m.Rectification of minor errors Tuesday, 1-9-2015 till 12:00 noonFinal list of eligible candidates Tuesday, 1-9-2015 till 02:00 p.m.Last date for withdrawals Thursday, 3-9-2015 till 12:00 noonNotification of final list of candidates Thursday, 3-9-2015 till 02:00 p.m.Introduction of candidates Friday, 4-9-2015Polling Wednesday, 9-9-2015 10:00 a.m. to 03:00 p.m.Declaration of results Wednesday, 9-9-2015
- PRESIDENT (III YEAR)
- VICE PRESIDENT (II YEAR)
- SECRETARY (II YEAR)
- JOINT SECRETARY (I/II YEAR)
- TREASURER (II/III YEAR)
- REPRSENTATIVE EACH FROM I, II, III YEARS.
- ONE REPRESENTATIVE FROM AMONG POST-GRADUATE STUDENTS.
The candidates are requested to carefully go through all the instructions regarding filing of nominations, and other election guidelines (Constitution, Handbook of the Students Union is available on the College website www.bharaticollege.com
). A copy of election guidelines is also available with Ms. Seema (Accounts Section). Scrutiny of the personal details of candidates and their proposers and seconders will be made from the admission forms. One student can propose the name of only one candidate and second only one candidate. The Nomination forms are available with ______________ in the Administration Section. For any grievance regarding the conduct of polls, a candidate may approach, in writing, the Grievance Redressal Cell of the Election Committee, within a period of three weeks from the date of declaration of results. Mrs. Sandhya Jain, Convenor, Election Committee will be the polling officer.28-8-2015 Acting Principal
CODE OF CONDUCT FOR CANDIDATES
1) Election Expenditure
- Maximum permitted expenditure per candidate shall be Rs. 5000.
Candidates are barred from utilizing funds from any other source than voluntary contributions from the student body.
- If the Election Committee shall deem that a candidate has spent more than this amount on her election campaign, she will be disqualified.
2) Candidate may only utilize handmade posters, to be displayed at the sites notified by the Election Committee.
3) Printed posters, printed pamphlets or any other printed material is not to be used for the purpose of canvassing.
4) No candidate shall be permitted to carry out processions or public meetings or in any way canvas or distribute propaganda outside the college campus.
5) No candidate shall indulge in nor abet any activity that shall aggravate existing differences or create mutual hatred or cause tension between different castes and communities, religious or linguistic or between any group(s) of students.
6) Criticism of other candidates, when made, shall be confined to their policies, programmes, past record, work.
7) There should be no appeal to caste or communal feelings for securing votes. Places of worship within or without the campus shall not be used for election propaganda.
8) Candidates are prohibited from indulging in or abetting corrupt practices and offences such as bribing of voters, intimidation of voters, and impersonation of voters.
9) Canvassing or the use of propaganda on the day of polling is prohibited.
10) Transport and conveyance of voters to and from the polling station is prohibited.
11) Neither the candidate nor her supporter shall deface or cause any destruction to any College property.
12) On the day of Polling, the candidates shall:
Any contravention of any of the above shall lead to disqualification of the candidate of removal from her elected post, as the case may be. The Election Committee may also take appropriate disciplinary action against such a violator.
Electoral Form Serial No.
Bharati CollegeBharati College Students Union Elections 2015-2016Nomination form for the Office of_________________________Instructions
University of Delhi
1) The candidate must be a regular, full-time student of the College.
2) Each candidate shall have TWO opportunities to contest for the post of an office-bearer (President, Vice-President, Secretary, Joint Secretary or Treasurer) and TWO opportunities to contest for the post of Class Representative.
3) Nomination Form should be filled in by the candidate herself and should be submitted duly completed and signed by the proposer and Seconder, by 2 p.m. by 31.08.2015.
4) No column should be left blank. An incomplete form will be rejected.
5) Withdrawal will be permitted only if it is submitted in writing by the candidate in person, together with her identity Card/Fee Slip by Thursday, 03/09/2015 till 12.00 Noon.
6) A candidate can file nomination for more than one post. Separate forms have to be filled, if filing nomination for more than one position. But one candidate can contest election for only one position.
Kindly be careful about the details provided.
Name of the candidate (in Block Letters) :
Email Id :
Extra Curricular Activities:
(Attach Certificates or a letter duly signed by the concerned teacher in charge)
Undertaking and Declaration by the candidate:
1) I shall not exceed the age of 22 years (if undergraduate student)/25 years (if post graduate student) as on 16 August 2015 and that my date of birth is ——————-.
2) Have you contested the election for the position of an office bearer of the Students Union before if Yes, please mention which position (even if you lost the election, please mention the position you contested for)
Have you contested for the post of class representative more than once
3) My attendance for the previous academic year is not less than 75%
For Candidates from the third year:
My attendance for the previous academic year is not less than 50%
[This relaxation in attendance is required only for students who joined under the FYUP Programme.]
4) I have no previous criminal record and have not been tried and/ or convicted of any criminal offence or misdemeanor. I have also not been subject to any disciplinary action by the college/university.
5)I have no academic arrears in the year of contesting the election.Date: Signature of Candidate